|Press Release Submission|
• Press releases are published as a free service for our community.
• Press releases must be written in complete sentences, listing the who, what, when and where of the event. Include a brief biography, such as for a featured speaker; and/or the history or mission statement of an event or organization, such as for an annual event or a nonprofit organization.
• For fundraisers, please indicate what or whom the proceeds benefit. List the full, formal title of individuals referred to or quoted in the release.
• Press releases must include the event, location, including street address, time and a contact phone number for publication. Releases without this information will not be published.
• Submitted photos should properly identify the photographer, if applicable, and all the individuals in the photo. Double check names to avoid spelling errors.
• The best digital format is a jpg, jpeg or gif file. We cannot guarantee that submitted photographs will be returned.
• The deadline is Thursday at 5 p.m.
• Submissions made after deadline cannot be considered for publication in that issue.
• Publication date can not be guaranteed.
• Send the release in the main body of the e-mail, not an attachment.
• All press releases are edited for space and content. We reserve the right to edit any release for space, style, content and good taste.
Press release example: