The Verde Valley Fire District responded to a residential fire on the 1300 block of E. Bow Maker in the Verde Villages early this morning, according to Verde Valley Fire officials.
No injuries were reported.
The single occupant of a recreational vehicle said that he was asleep in the RV and was woken up by the smell of smoke, according to a media release. He noticed that his space heater was on fire and left his vehicle.
The occupant told his son who lives in the main residence about the fire and 911 was called, said Verde Valley Fire Cheif Nazih Hazime.
"When the fire crews arrived the RV was fully involved," he said.
While en route the engine crew upgraded the incident to a working fire protocol due to the visible heavy smoke and fire, Hazime said.
"Crews went into a defensible mode to extinguish the fire," he said in the media release.
Verde Valley Fire District was assisted by Cottonwood Fire Medical Department, Verde Valley Ambulance Company, and the Yavapai County Sherrif's Office.
Crews were on scene for approximately 1.5 hours.
"VVFD would like to remind everyone to make sure your space heaters are inspected and safe to use," Hazime said. "Also, to make sure you have working smoke detectors."
For any questions, contact the Verde Valley Fire District by calling 928-634-2578 or Nazih Hazime, Fire Chief at 928-634-4865