|Top Cowboys gear up for state track championship meet|
|Written by Staci Gasser|
|Wednesday, 08 May 2013 00:00|
The Camp Verde High School track and field teams competed well individually in the regional championship meet and now look to perform even better in the state meet.
The boys and girls teams both placed fifth in the team scores at the Yavapai County Track and Field Championship meet Friday, April 26, at Bradshaw Mountain High School in Prescott Valley. The team scores are somewhat misleading due to the small size of the CVHS team — they can’t rack up as many points as a team with more athletes.
Individually, the Cowboys athletes shined and have earned spots in the state meet, some even are favored to win.
Justin Reay placed first in the 100 meter with a time of 11.47 seconds. He placed second in the 200 meter and 400 meter, on the heels of Mingus Union sprinting star Ryan Talbot. Reay finished the 200 in 23.37 and the 400 in 50.35. Talbot finished the 200 in 23.32 and the 400 in 50.01.
For the full story, please see the Wednesday, May 8, issue of the Camp Verde Journal.
Verde Valley Weather
71°F / 105°F
72°F / 104°F
72°F / 102°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements