|Written by George Werner|
|Wednesday, 04 June 2014 12:07|
Four former Arizona collegiate and professional football players will teach football fundamentals to an expected 100 local children as part of a cheer, coaching and youth football camp Saturday, June 7, at Mingus Union High School.
Beginning at 10 a.m., former Arizona State University and Dallas Cowboys running back Darryl Clack will join former University of Arizona players Al “Bubba” Gross, Marsharne Graves and former Arizona Cardinals tight end Mark Walczak in teaching concussion safety, the importance of academics, sportsmanship, speed and agility and other basic football skills to Cottonwood youth ages 5 to 18 as well as to prospective football coaches at 1:30 p.m. in an hour-long clinic.
For the full story, please see the Wednesday, June 4, issue of the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Verde Valley Weather
73°F / 104°F
71°F / 103°F
72°F / 103°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements