|Written by George Werner|
|Wednesday, 15 January 2014 10:31|
Just when Mohave and Lee Williams High Schools thought they could stop Mingus Union High School by keying on senior guard and leading scorer Bryant Briscoe, two of his guard mates stepped up in those last two games to lift the Marauders boys basketball team.
“Guys like Briscoe, they’ll do the dirty work,” Nevarez said. “But he gave me all the glory: He made a driving play and kicked the three out to me. He didn’t act like, ‘Oh, I made the shot.’”
For the full story, please see the Wednesday, Jan. 15, issue of the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Verde Valley Weather
71°F / 105°F
72°F / 104°F
72°F / 102°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements