|Richard Stanley Farrington|
|Written by Staff Reporter|
|Thursday, 16 May 2013 16:02|
Richard Stanley Farrington
Sept. 1, 1924 — April 26, 2013
Retired U.S. Navy Cmdr. Richard Stanley Farrington, 88, of Clarkdale, died April 26.
He spent 30 years as a naval aviator, serving in World War II and the Korean War aboard six aircraft carriers, including the USS Midway, and was awarded many medals and commendations.
He moved to the Verde Valley in 2001.
He is survived by his wife of 67 years, Kathryn; daughters, Karen F. Daniels and Kristina S. Greene; sister Nadine Heisler; five grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren.
Verde Valley Weather
71°F / 102°F
70°F / 100°F
72°F / 102°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements