|Escolastica “Tek” Childs|
|Written by Staff Reporter|
|Thursday, 16 May 2013 16:00|
Escolastica “Tek” Childs
Feb. 10, 1936 — April 29, 2013
Escolastica “Tek” Childs, 78, of Cottonwood, died April 29.
Born in the Philippines, she graduated from Raphael Palma College with a bachelors degree in education and taught at Western Mindanao Institute. She emigrated to the U.S. in 1978 and married Lyle Edgar Childs.
She was preceded in death by her husband and their son, Ralph.
She is survived by a brother, two sisters, numerous nieces and nephews and great-grand nieces and nephews, all of whom reside in the Philippines.
Verde Valley Weather
71°F / 104°F
72°F / 104°F
72°F / 103°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements