|Written by Mark Lineberger|
|Friday, 22 February 2013 14:36|
There’s a new executive director at the Verde Valley Humane Society, the group that operates the Adopt For Life Center for Animals in Cottonwood.
Barbie Bridge has taken on the position and is hoping to generate interest in planned fundraising efforts this year that the shelter depends on to maintain operations. The humane society’s board hired Bridge last month after a brief search following the resignation of former Executive Director Gary DeGeronimo at the end of 2012.
Bridge has called the Verde Valley home for decades and has some experience in running organizations, having served as director of the Camp Verde Chamber of Commerce about a decade ago.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, Feb. 20, edition of the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Verde Valley Weather
71°F / 100°F
70°F / 100°F
72°F / 101°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements