|Flu kills young boy in the Verde Valley|
|Written by Mark Lineberger|
|Thursday, 31 January 2013 10:09|
A 5-year-old boy in the Verde Valley died this month after complications from influenza.
Yavapai County Community Health Services did not identify the child but confirmed that his death was the first influenza-related death in the county in three years. The risk to others is minimal in this specific case, according to the agency.
“At this time, [Community Health Services] has no evidence that anyone is at increased risk of serious illness or death as a result of being exposed to this case,” the county reported in a statement last week.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, Jan. 30, edition of The Camp Verde Journal or the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Verde Valley Weather
71°F / 105°F
72°F / 104°F
72°F / 102°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements