|Ernster and Bartosh talk smack before big cycling fundraiser|
|Written by Kellie Shelton|
|Friday, 17 May 2013 00:00|
Sedona and Cottonwood have put it all on the line in a battle of pride. Sedona City Manager Tim Ernster and Cottonwood City Manager Doug Bartosh, have created a “friendly competition” and challenged each other in competing cycling teams representing their cities.
The men will see who can ride the most miles in the upcoming Bike MS: Ride the Vortex-Sedona Verde Valley cycling event.
“In order to be successful in this event a cyclist needs three things, to be in excellent shape, have superior equipment and a winning attitude. Well, I have the winning attitude, I am not in the best shape and I bought my bike for a $100, 15 years ago,” Ernster said.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, May 15, edition of The Camp Verde Journal or the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Verde Valley Weather
71°F / 100°F
70°F / 100°F
72°F / 101°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements