|Cottonwood man killed, 3 others injured in head-on|
|Written by Christopher Fox Graham|
|Thursday, 16 May 2013 15:58|
A 72-year-old Cottonwood man died at a Phoenix hospital around 7:15 p.m. Wednesday, May 9, after a head-on crash on Cornville Road just west of Recycler Road at 7:50 a.m. that injured another adult and two 9-year-old children.
Hakim Amin was airlifted to Flagstaff Medical Center immediately after the accident. He was then flown to Barrow Institute in Phoenix, where he died. The collision lead to the Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office closing Cornville Road as first responders treated the injured and investigated the accident.
A fund has been set up at the cottonwood Wells Fargo Bank as the Hakim and Heather FUnd to assist in medical expenses for Hakim Amin's 9 year old twins who were severely injured. At home now, the children are recovering at home in the care of their mother, Heather Hakola. All donations will be greatly appreciated.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, May 1, edition of The Camp Verde Journal or the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Verde Valley Weather
71°F / 100°F
70°F / 100°F
72°F / 101°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements