|Written by Mark Lineberger|
|Tuesday, 24 December 2013 10:59|
The city of Cottonwood last week became the sixth municipality in the state of Arizona to recognize civil unions.
The Cottonwood City Council chambers were packed for its meeting Tuesday, Dec. 17, with people crammed in the aisle and every chair filled. After all was said and done, it was Vice Mayor Karen Pfeifer who cast the lone vote against civil unions.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, Dec. 25, edition of the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Verde Valley Weather
76°F / 103°F
76°F / 100°F
77°F / 101°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements