|Written by Jeff Wood|
|Wednesday, 04 July 2012 00:00|
Families can look forward to a full day of food, games and entertainment in Clarkdale and Cottonwood on the Fourth of July.
Festivities will start in Clarkdale at 7 a.m. and last into the darkness of night during a traditional fireworks display in Cottonwood.
Clarkdale’s Old-Fashioned 4th of July and Centennial Celebration begins in the Town Park with the raising of the colors by the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 7400 and a pancake breakfast hosted by the Clarkdale Fire District and Clarkdale Police Department.
The cost of the breakfast will be $4 for adults and $3 for kids 12 and under. All monies raised will benefit Clarkdale Fire and Police.
At 9 a.m. The Kids’ Parade with the theme “Happy 100th Birthday Clarkdale, Arizona” will begin at the Clarkdale-Jerome School, travel down main street and turn at Town Hall.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, June 27, edition of the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Verde Valley Weather
76°F / 103°F
76°F / 100°F
77°F / 101°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements